Eliminate the Challenge of Vertical Obstacles. Lightweight and powerful, the Atlas Devices APA-5 is a multi-mission device that hauls combat rescue loads, extends warfighter stamina, and reduces mission exposure.
To achieve a tactical advantage, perform materiel haul, or rescue casualties, military doctrine often requires the ascent of men and materiel over steep obstacles in mountainous, urban, and maritime environments.
This is a highly technical and physically exhausting task that consumes the warfighter and impacts mission planning. To eliminate the burden of vertical obstacles, Atlas Devices developed the APA-5.
Building upon its theater-proven predecessor, the Atlas Powered Ascender is a rugged, battery operated ascender that easily integrates into current SOPs and COTS climbing equipment. Whether operating at maritime depth, in a desert dust storm, or 100' AGL in a helicopter, the Atlas Powered Ascender is a force multiplier that effortlessly reduces time and exposure during vertical operations.
Lightweight — Designed for the dismounted warfighter, the ascender weight is about the same as two 150' lengths of 7/16" static rope.
Interchangeable Battery — A quick connect, powertool-like battery allows for on-the-fly swapping of batteries for extended operation, packload distribution, and improved mission planning.
Powerful — Able to lift over 600 lbs directly, the lightweight system improves force protection and reduces the operational footprint by replacing a 6-9 man haul team and complicated haul systems for CASEVAC missions.
APA-5 Capabilities and Specifications:
- Weight: 14.5 lbs
- Max direct lift capacity: 600 lbs
- Ascent/descent speed: Variable
- Intuitive power tool-like operation
- Weight: 7.5 lbs
- Ascent distance per charge, single user: 700ft @ 250 lbs
- Submergence rating allows connect/disconnect at depth
- Ergonomic design for interchange during operation
- Redundant mechanical interlock
- Interchangeable battery
- Rope diameter: 11 mm static kernmantle
- Smaller rope diameter capability: Optional
- Operational seawater depth rating
- Operating Temp Range: -10° F to +120° F
- Fully tensile load-rated housing
- Ergonomic safety interlock for operation
- Emergency mechanical descent without battery
- Non-volatile battery if punctured by ballistic
- Remote Control
- High-speed ascent (lower max lift capacity)
- Multi-diameter rope capability in single configuration
- Extended life battery
Visit Atlas Devices