The SAS (Survival Archery Systems) Tactical Survival Bow. Available in options of 50# and 55# at 28" draw, weighing in at only 2.2lbs (1kg) and measuring just 21" (537mm) when in storage mode this patent pending bow is the world's most compact, most powerful tactical survival bow. The bow employs a novel compact folding system design which allows for a quick conversion from folded storage mode to a weapons-ready state.
With arrow speeds topping 200fps this is the perfect silent weapon for both tactical and hunting applications where firearms and more bulky bows cannot be used. Fitting into most backpacks this system not only protects the take-down arrows inside the riser, but is also the perfect weapon for a bug-out bag or grab bag. Patent pending and manufactured using the finest US and Aerospace grade materials this product sets the benchmark in long term tactical and survival usage.
Converting from left to right hand by simply swapping the bow between hands and the fact that no special tools are required for operation and maintenance, makes this bow easy to use when shared between multiple archers or unit members. The bow comes with a camo carry case that can be worn as a bow backpack, but converts into a quiver for both left and right handed archers. Look no further than the SAS Tactical Survival Bow when looking for the perfect all-round silent tactical or bug-out bag weapon. As per the SAS motto, He who prepares survives.
- Bow type - Modern Longbow
- Draw weight - 50 and 55 pounds at 28 inch draw
- Maximum draw length - 31 inches
- Bow Length - 60 inches (strung), 21 (inches folded/stored)
- Brace Height - 7-8 inches recommended depending on your draw length
- Arrows speed - Up to 200 ft/s for 50 pound version and up to 210 ft/s for 55 pound version
- String compatibility - B50 Dacron
- Backpack/storage bag - Camo carry case (pattern may vary from photo shown) with adjustable straps and fully closing storage compartment for string and other accessories.
- Strung bow weight - 1kg (2.2 pounds)
- The production ready version of the tactical survival bow makes use of the finest US and Aerospace materials.
- Riser and limb holding brackets - Aerospace Grade T6 Aluminium (a premium grade even when compared to aircraft grade T6 aluminium). The material also receives a special surface treatment prior to anodizing in order to make the surface non-reflective. This same surface treatment also allows for a better surface for paint adhesion should you the customer want to employ a camo paint system to the product.
- Limbs - Made in the USA from the same high quality composite material that is used by nearly all of the big names in the archery industry. Our limbs are cut using precision waterjet technology and painted directly at the supplier in order that we can receive a consistent, quality product from the industry's best.
- Hardware - The retaining nuts and bolts are made of marine grade 316 stainless steel that has been specially chemically treated in order to allow for a black surface treatment to prevent glare. Our supplier is a military vendor who perfected this process over the past decades to ensure a consistent quality finish.
- Limb securing bolts - The limb securing bolts are made from a high tension steel which offers a high degree of safety to ensure compliance in the field and only requires a light oil from time to time.
Visit Survival Archery Systems